The church’s facilities were provided through God’s benevolence and by the sacrificial generosity of church members. The church desires that its facilities be used for the fellowship of the Body of Christ and always to God’s glory. Although the facilities are not generally open to the public, we make our facilities available to approved non-member persons and groups as a witness to the grace of our Savior, Jesus Christ.
However, facility use will not be permitted to persons or groups holding, advancing, advocating beliefs, or engaging in practices that conflict with the church’s faith or moral teachings, as summarized in the church’s constitution, bylaws, and doctrinal statement. Facilities may not be used for activities that contradict, or are deemed by the elders as inconsistent, with the church’s faith or moral teachings. The elders are the final decision-makers on whether a person or group is allowed to use church facilities.
This policy is necessary for two reasons. First, the church may not in good conscience materially cooperate in activities or beliefs contrary to its faith. Allowing its facilities to be used for purposes that contradict the church’s beliefs would be material cooperation with that activity, and would be a violation of the church’s faith and religious practice. See 2 Corinthians 6:14; 1 Thessalonians 5:22.
Second, it is important that the church presents a consistent message to the community, as a witness to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. To allow use of facilities by groups or persons who express beliefs or engage in practices contrary to the church’s faith would have a negative impact on the fame of Jesus Christ. It could be a source of confusion and scandal to church members and the community because it may imply that use of our facilities implies agreement with the beliefs or practices of the persons or groups using them.
Therefore, in no event shall permission to use church facilities be granted to persons or groups who hold, advance, advocate beliefs, or engage in practices that contradict the church’s faith. Nor may the facilities be used in a way that contradicts the church’s faith. This policy applies to all church facilities, whether the facilities are connected to the church’s auditorium or not, because we believe the church should be good stewards over all God has given her.
Approved Users and Priority of Use
The property and facilities include the property owned by Grace Fellowship of South Forsyth located at 2750 Ronald Reagan Blvd., Cumming, Georgia as well as buildings, parking lots, land, vehicles and related equipment owned by the church.
The elders or official designee of Grace Fellowship must approve all uses of church facilities. Priority shall generally be given to members of the church, their immediate families, and organized groups that are part of the ministry, organization, or sponsored activities of the church. Church facilities and equipment will be made available to non-members or outside groups meeting the following qualifications:
- Groups or persons requesting facility use must affirm that their beliefs and practices and planned uses of the facilities are not in disagreement with the church’s faith and practice.
- The group or person seeking facility use must submit a signed “Church Facility Reservation Request and Agreement.”
- The group or person seeking facility use must take responsibility for the facilities and equipment used and must abide by the church’s rules of conduct for facility use, as stated below and as described in any additional instructions by church staff.
- Requests for use of the property or facilities by groups or individuals not affiliated with Grace Fellowship or its ministries will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Unless otherwise agreed upon, church facility use does not give exclusive rights to the entire facility, and other events may take place at the same time.
- Grace Fellowship reserves the right to terminate an event at any time if, in the opinion of church leadership, this agreement is being violated. Further, Grace Fellowship does not at any time relinquish control of the facility. Additionally, Grace Fellowship reserves the right to eject any person(s) from the facility not acting in accordance with this agreement. Upon the exercise of this authority, the Facility User waives any right and claim for damages against Grace Fellowship and any of its officers or agents.
- Grace Fellowship does not assume any responsibility for material stored on the site that is the property of others, nor do we warrant that the facility will be available at all times.
- The Facility User assumes liability for damage to the property and agrees to Grace Fellowship’s methods of moving and storing materials. A deposit will be required for each event. The deposit amount will vary with the size of the facility request but shall not be less than $50.00.
- The Facility User agrees to abide by all of Grace Fellowship’s policies as well as with all applicable laws and codes.
- The Facility User shall not sell tickets without the express written approval of Grace Fellowship’s approved designee. Additionally, if permission is granted, the Facility User shall not sell tickets for, or admit into the assigned area, a larger number of persons than can safely and freely move about. Grace Fellowship shall be the final arbiter as to what this number is.
- Usage may not be transferred to any other person, group, company, or organization in whole or in part without prior written approval from Grace Fellowship.
- Grace Fellowship reserves the right to set or place limits on sound and/or lighting levels during all events. If requested levels are not adjusted and maintained, Grace Fellowship has the right to discontinue the event.
- The Facility User shall be aware of stage and/or room dimensions and limits. It is particularly important to recognize the structural limitations of the stage and how to safely use this area. All sets, equipment, and material must be approved by Grace Fellowship. This approval does not absolve the Facility User from liability, but does allow Grace Fellowship to satisfy itself that the event is being conducted in a safe and sound manner.
It shall be the responsibility of the Grace Fellowship staff member or other designee to supervise and direct the activity of the individuals participating in the planning and conducting of the event to ensure compliance with all aspects of this policy.
All facility users shall designate a specific individual(s) to be the “Person Actively In Charge” of every event. This person shall be named in the agreement and Grace Fellowship shall be made aware of who this person is. This person shall be on-site during the preparation, event activity and takedown for the purpose of accountability.
Should anything become damaged during the event, the Person Actively in Charge shall notify the Grace Fellowship representative within 24 hours of the damage taking place.
All church events are to comply with the pertinent Fire and Safety Codes of Forsyth County. Attendance at events is limited to the stated capacity for the facilities. The designated Person Actively in Charge of an event is responsible for monitoring attendance during an event to be certain safety and facility guidelines are observed.
Each use of church facilities is subject to a use and maintenance fee commensurate with the size and scope of the facility being used.
Church Facility Use Guidelines
In general, the Facility User shall not injure or deface the facilities or furnishings and shall not permit others to do so. The Facility User may not make or allow any alterations to the facility without prior, written permission from Grace Fellowship. This includes driving nails, hooks, tacks or screws into any part of the facility or furnishings. If the facility or any portion of the facilities are damaged during the term of the agreement by the act, or negligence of the Facility User or of the User’s agent, employee, patron, guest, or any person admitted to the facility by the User, the User will pay to Grace Fellowship such sums as shall be necessary to restore the facility to their former condition. The following guidelines shall be followed by all Facility Users:
- No alcohol may be served in church facilities.
- Smoking anywhere on the Grace Fellowship campus is prohibited.
- The possession and/or use of illegal drugs or the abuse of prescription drugs on church property is prohibited.
- Groups are restricted to only those areas of the facility the group has reserved. All other rooms shall be locked and are not to be used.
- Food and beverages may be allowed in classrooms only with written approval of Grace Fellowship.
- The moving of furniture and equipment shall not be allowed without prior written consent from Grace Fellowship. Should permission be granted and noted as part of the agreement, all furniture and equipment shall be returned to their original location and configuration.
- The sale of general merchandise (including books, CD’s, etc.) on church premises is not allowed without specific permission and written approval of Grace Fellowship.
- Clean up and removal of all decorations shall be the responsibility of the Facility User unless arrangement, and noted in the agreement, has been made for payment to Grace Fellowship to handle these responsibilities.
- Clean up of all areas of the facilities used shall be the responsibility of the Facility User.
- All events shall terminate on time. Functions extending beyond the agreed time frame may be subject to additional cost.
For all recurring events, the group or person using the facilities must obtain liability insurance coverage in the amount of at least $1,000,000.00. These users must also sign a “Indemnity, Waiver and Exculpation Usage Terms”. Exceptions may be made to this clause.
The Facility User is responsible to verify adequate insurance coverage is in force for the facility or property usage, and if inadequate, supply the additional coverage needed at their own expense. All initial and additional policies must list Grace Fellowship Church, 2750 Ronald Reagan Boulevard, Cumming Ga. as the additional insured. A copy of all Certificates of Insurance are required to be attached to this Agreement, and shall remain in force for the duration of the event.
Church Facility Reservation Request
Grace Fellowship will respond to each request with approval, denial, or further questions within a reasonable time frame.