As we go through the Seeing and Savoring Jesus Christ video series as a church family our desire is to help each of us to remain focused on Jesus and the fact that we are his disciples and need to continue living as such. This Family Worship Guide is provided to help you discuss how to cherish Jesus more with those in your home.
Worship Through the Word
Before sitting down to do family devotion time, make sure to read the passage and reflect on the content in this section.
Read the passage:
As a family spend some time discussing this passage using these questions:
Feel free to add other questions that you think of to ask.
- What do you learn about Jesus’ relationship with God in these verses?
- What do you learn about Jesus in these verses?
- What are people supposed to believe about Jesus?
- What do you learn about the benefit of believing in Jesus in these verses?
- Why is Jesus’ relationship with God important?
- Why is Jesus alone the way, the truth, and the life?
- How are people to respond to Jesus?
- Do you know Jesus as the way, the truth, and the life?
- What greater works are disciples of Jesus supposed to do?
- How can we, like Jesus, live for God’s glory?
Worship Through Song
Singing is part of the Christian Faith. Consider:1 Chronicles 16:9, 23; Colossians 3:16; Psalm 100; Psalm 104:31-35.Including singing in our homes is a way to model and teach our kids about this part of the Christian’s Life. Including singing in our homes also can enhance our families’ time as they sing along side other believers in corporate singing on Sundays.
Consider singing one or more of these songs as a family:
Worship Through Prayer
In the life of Jesus, we have a perfect example of the importance of prayer. He demonstrated this through His instruction on how to pray (The Lord’s Prayer) and the many examples we find in the Gospels of Him praying (for example: Matthew 14:23; Mark 14:32-42; Luke 6:12; John 17). Therefore, followers of Jesus should also be people of prayer.
Here is one example of how to pray for family and neighbors:
Use the Lord’s Prayer as found in Matthew 6:9-13 as a guide.
- Pray for God to be honored and glorified in your family and in your neighbor’s family.
- Pray for God’s will to be done in your family and your neighbors’ family.
- Pray for God to provide for the needs of your family and neighbors.
- Pray for God to help your family and neighbor’s family members to be forgiving to one another.
- Pray for God to help protect your family and your neighbor’s family from sin’s temptation.